If you are looking for an affordable wooden shed for your garden but do not have a lot of money, here are some tips for finding cheap wooden sheds:
- Build the Shed Yourself. Purchasing a completely pre-built wooden shed can be an expensive option, and you can save a lot of money by doing the labor yourself instead. If you do not have a lot of construction experience, consider a wooden shed kit, which will do a lot of the leg work for you while still allowing you to save some on the labor costs.
- Purchase an Old, Used Wooden Shed. There are many homeowners looking to get rid of older sheds and replace them with shiny new models. If you are up to refurbishing an older shed, this may be the right option for you. Just be sure to consider what your transportation costs will be, since this will increase your overall price for the shed.
- Downsize Your Shed Plans. If you are tight on money, you should seriously consider how large your shed needs are. It may be that you can find the right wooden shed in your price range by simply looking at smaller models.
- Use Recycled Lumber for Building. This is a great way to further save on building costs if you are building your wooden shed from scratch!
- Use Recycled Windows and Doors. Similar to tip #4 - you can save substantially by using recycled materials instead of new. Just be sure that any doors or windows you install are not old enough to have lead based paint on them - especially if children will be in or near the shed.